When i announced Event F, the first dish which came to my mind was Falooda icecream. Who will say no to this wonderful dessert. But when i checked the net for the recipe, i got to know that, the recipe needs some special seeds like Tukmaria Seeds ( also known as Falooda seeds ) which i wont get in nearby shops. So i need to go to Mustafa centre. I found time only 2 days before to get the seeds but unfortunately, didnt get the sev. so thought i could manage with semiya. But today, when i soaked the seeds and checked for semiya but it was over and really disappointed. So thought, i should give a try to make the sev on my own and forced myself to do it with the lemon squeezer itself as i dont have the sev press. Somehow, i managed to make it and the finally the falooda was really a big hit at my home. Here comes the recipe.
- Vanilla Icecream - 1 to 2 scoop
- Tukmaria Seeds - 2 tsp
- Falood Sev - 1/2 cup (Semiya can also be used)
- Apple - 1/4 cup (cut into small cups)
- Pineapple - 1/4 cup (cut into small cups)
- Strawberry - 1/4 cup (cut into small cups)
- Rose syrup - 2 tsp
- Cold Milk - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Green colour - a pinch (Optional)
- Sugar - as needed
- Nuts - (cashews, almonds) - 1tsp ( crushed )
- Corn flour - 3 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup (can be adjusted)
- Sev Press - 1 ( i dont have one and hence used lemon squeezer)
- Cold Water - 5 to 6 cups
To make Falooda Sev
- Mix the corn flour and water nicely.
- In a pan, add it and heat on low flame, stirring continuously.
- The mixture becomes transparent and switch off the stove immediately.
- Allow it to cool for 2 min (not more than that, as they become harder).
- Now put it into the Sev press and press into the cold water.
- Put back the sev and cold water into the fridge.
- (Since i used lemon squeezer, my save size was only 2 to 3" long)
To make Falooda
- Soak the Tukmaria seeds/Falooda seeds for nearly 2 hours.
- Filter it and keep aside.
- If you have Falooda sev, cook as per the instruction on the pack or else you can use the semiya also. But you can make the sev on your own as above.
- Take 1/2 cup milk and add the rose syrup, 1/2 of the cardamom powder, half of the falooda seeds, half of the sev, if needed add the sugar.
- In the remaining milk, add the green colour, remaining cardamom powder, falooda seeds, falooda sev and add the sugar and mix well.
- In a tall glass, pour the green coloured milk mixture, add the apple, pineapple, strawberry, and the rose coloured milk mixture.
- Add the nuts.
- Finally add the icecream and pour the little syrup and on the icecream.
- Garnish with Strawberry and nuts and serve.
This goes to the following wonderful events
My event: Dish Name Starts with F
Holi Aayi Re by Vatsala