Crispy Cauliflower fry or Crispy Cauliflower Pakoda is my favorite evening snack. It is also called as, crispy gobi fry or gobi pakora. I was waiting for a long time, to publish this post. I used to make it often, but since I always make in the evening time, I never found good lightings to take the photo. So I keep on postponing to take a good picture of this fry. Finally, I made these by 3 pm itself last Saturday with good sun light and here goes the recipe.....
How to make Crispy Cauliflower fry / Cauliflower pakoraI. Ingredients
- Cauliflower - 1
- Salt - while cooking
- Oil - for frying
- Besan flour/chickpeas flour - 1/4 cup
- Rice flour - 1tsp
- Corn flour - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt - for taste
- Chat masala - for taste
- Onion rings - for garnishing
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Cook it in a vessel by adding little salt for 7 to 10 min.
- Dry out the cauliflower florets.
- Now in another bowl, mix all the ingredients given in Ingredients II, to form a batter ( should be thin batter ).
- In a pan/vessel, add the oil and heat it.
- Dip the cauliflower florets one by one and fry in the hot oil until it turns light brown in colour.
- Sprinkle some chat masala on the cauliflower fry and decorate with some onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with a ketchup.
- While cooking cauliflower, do not overcook (should not be cooked to soft). Little crunchiness should remain.