Till now I do not know what is the exact difference between the broiler chicken and the country chicken. Only thing I feel is, country chicken (Naatu kozhi or kampong chicken in malay) is more tastier than normal broiler chicken. This recipe I took from makkal Tv's - Suvai Payanam in you tube. This is very simple and easily prepared roast yet very tasty.
- Country Chicken - 2 thighs and 2 breast
- Curd - 2 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp (or as per taste)
- Red colour - 2 pinch (optional)
- Coconut Oil - for frying
- In a bowl, add chilli powder, curd, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- To this add lemon juice and mix nicely.
- Wash thighs and breast of chicken nicely with salt.
- Make slots in the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken with the prepared masala and inbetween the slots.
- Let it rest for 1 hr or refrigerate for 30 to 40 mts. (the more it rests, the more tastier).
- Now in a big kadai/wok, add coconut oil and heat in high flame.
- When the oil is hot, reduce the flame to medium and put the marinated chicken piece one by one and roast on both sides.
- When the color of chicken turns reddish brown, remove from oil.
- Spicy and tangy naatu kozhi varuval is ready to eat...
Sending this to my event
Dish Name starts with N
South Indian Cooking Series by Anu