How to make carrot Beans Poriyal / Carrot and beans Stir fryPreparation time: 20 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves:4
Recipe Category: Side Dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Carrot - 1 (chopped to small pieces)
- Beans - 100 gms (chopped to small pieces)
- Green gram - 5 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 2 pinchs
- Urud dal - 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilli - 2
- Curry leaves - few
- Onion - 1 small
- Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Salt - as per taste
- Water - 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup for sprinkling
1. Wash and pressure cook the green gram / moong dal or paasi paruppu for 1 whistle with 1/2 cup of water. Drain the excess water and keep aside. (Dont cook more, as it tends to cook faster).
- If you want, you may add sambar powder along with turmeric powder.
- Turmeric powder is optional.
- If you do not like coconut, you can omit that too.