Chicken Kuzhambu / Kozhi Kuzhambu is our family favorite on sundays and I do not know, why I have missed posting this. Last week I prepared and clicked both video and photos. Actually there are many varieties of kozhi kulambu in whole Tamil Nadu and this is simple chicken kulambu for beginners as it is very easy to make and tastes great, which I learnt from my mother. We will see the different varieties one by one in future posts.
Below are some chicken recipes to try if you like.
Simple Chicken Gravy
Chettinad Pepper Chicken
Country chicken Biryani
Country chicken Roast
How to make Simple Chicken Kuzhambu
1. Chicken - 250 gms
2. Oil - 1 tsp
3. Onion - 1 big (chopped finely)
4. Tomato - 1 big (chopped finely)
5. Ginger and garlic paste - 2 tbsp
6. Green chillies - 3
7. Chilli powder - 2 tsp
8. Coriander powder - 2 tsp
9. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
10. Salt - as per taste
11. Cardamom - 1
12. Cinnamom stick - 1
13. Cloves - 4 to 5
14. Bay leaf - 1
15. Fennel seeds - 1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp
16. Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
17. Poppy seeds - 1/2 tsp
19. Coriander leaves - few for garnishing
20. Curry leaves - few
1. Marinate the chicken with 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric and 1/2 tsp salt for 1 hr atleast.
1. Heat a kadai and add 1 tbsp oil.
2. When the oil is hot add the spices – fennel seeds, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick and biryani leaf.