Recipes in Alphabetical Order
- Starting with A
- Starting with B
- Starting with C
- Starting with D
- Starting with E
- Starting with F
- Starting with G
- Starting with H
- Starting with I
- Starting with J
- Starting with K
- Starting with L
- Starting with M
- Starting with N
- Starting with O
- Starting with P
- Starting with Q
- Starting with R
- Starting with S
- Starting with T
- Starting with U
- Starting with V
- Starting with W
- Starting with X
- Starting with Y
- Starting with Z
Want to know about me
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Crispy Okra fry | Crispy vendakkai fry | How to make crispy ladies finger fry | Crispy Bhindi Fry | Ladies finger recipes | Crispy vendakkai varuval | Side dish for rice
I love deep fried food very much and I want something to munch on when I watch tv or working in my laptop. This crispy okra fry or vendakkai fry, I got from raks and it came perfectly crunchy. I stored this for 2 days in airtight container and it is good still. All our family members loved this very much and they had this as side dish for all rice varieties. Let's see how to make this crispy okra fry.
You can view other snack recipes as below
Preparation time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves: 3
Recipe Category: Snacks / Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Okra / Ladies finger / Bhindi /Vendakkai - 250 gms
Rice flour - 3 tbsp
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 2 pinch
Salt - as per taste
Oil for frying
Water or curd / yogurt - 1 to 2 tbsp for mixing (see notes)
1. Wash the okra nicely and pat dry fully. Remove the edges. Cut into small pieces with 1/2 inch or less than that in size.
3. Heat the oil in medium flame and sprinkle the okra and fry them. Turn them or rotate for even cooking.
4. When the sshhhh... sound ceases or when the okra becomes golden, remove from oil and filter with excess oil with kitchen tissue.
5. Serve this as the side dish for sambar rice or rasam rice or even eat as a evening snack.
Yummy and crispy okra fry is ready
1. As suggested by raks, I added 1 tbsp curd and 1 tsp water instead of adding the water. It turned our more crispier.
2. Do not add more water, as the ladies finger may get soggy.
3. Cut the okra, into thin slices as possible for crispier okra fries.
Subscribe Now: Feed Icon
Page Protected By
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- ► 2015 (57)
- Strawberry ice cream | How to make eggless strawbe...
- Couponzguru - A best place for coupons and discoun...
- Crispy Okra fry | Crispy vendakkai fry | How to ma...
- Quinoa idli | How to make Quinoa Idly | Healthy Id...
- Baby corn golden fry | How to make Golden Baby cor...
- Poondu Kuzhambu | South Indian Poondu Kulambu | Ga...
- ▼ August (6)
- ► 2013 (90)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (70)