I always love Baby corn 65. It is easy to prepare, crunchy inside and crispy outside. All my family members love its taste, when dipped in the tomato sauce or the chilli sauce. I tried this many times, by varying the ingredients and finally I liked the taste with the ingredients below. Addition of Tikka Masala made the Baby corn 65 little spicy and tangy which i liked a lot. But this is purely optional. Lets see the recipe.
You can view some of the other fried snacks below
Baby corn Golden fry
Crispy Cauliflower fry
Crispy Pavakkai fry
How to make Baby Corn 65
Total Time: 25 min | Serves: 4
- Babycorn - 10
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Curd/Yogurt - 2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice/vinegar - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 2 pinch
- Tikka masala - 1 tsp (optional)(i added for more spiciness)
- Corn flour - 2 tsp
- Maida/All purpose flour - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as needed for taste
- Water - 3 to 4 tsp (optional)
- Oil - for frying
1. Wash the baby corn and cut in to half in lengthwise.
2. Add all the powders in a bowl and add the flours and yogurt and ginger garlic paste.
3. Mix all the ingredients. If it is thick, add water 1 tsp at a time. Add baby corn to soak.
4. Heat the oil and add the dipped baby corns in the oil. Fry till they become golden colour.
5. Remove and filter the excess oil from the babycorns in the kitchen towel.