- Basmati Rice – 3 cups
- Water – 4.5 cups (or as directed by the back side of basmati rice pack)
- Babycorn – 5 to 6
- Green peas – 1/4 cup
- Mint leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Salt – as per taste
- Ghee – 4 tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 crushed
- Star anise – 2
- Bayleaves – 1
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cloves – 3 to 4
- Cardamom – 1
- Soak the biryani rice for 20 – 30 min.
- Wash the baby corns and cut into small pieces as shown.
- In a pressure cooker, add the ingredients under temper (Ingredients II), one by one and slightly fry.
- Add the onions and fry.
Add green chillies, ginger – garlic pastte
- Add the mint leaves and Coriander leaves and saute nicely.
- Add in the green peas and keep stirring for 1 min.
- Add in the baby corns and salt.
- Add the water and allow to boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add the soaked rice.
- Slightly mix the baby-corn and rice.
- Close the lid and keep the flame in low. Do not use whistle. Allow to cook in low flame for 10 to 15 min. Switch off .
- Open the lid and add ghee and slightly mix the cooked pulav, without breaking the rice.