- Chicken – 1/2 kg
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp (adjust according to taste)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/6 th tsp
- Onions – 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 2
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 (crushed)
- Cloves – 4 to 5
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 10 to 15
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
To make paste
- Cashews – 12 to 15
- Milk – 5 to 6 tsp
- Wash the Chicken thoroughly with salt.
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients mentioned in Marination part and allow to rest for 2 hrs.
- In a Pan/kadai, add oil.
- When hot, add cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves and fry for few minutes. (Do not overfry).
- Add half of the onion and green chillies, ginger garlic paste and fry till onion becomes translucent.
- Add the tomato and saute well.
- The other half of the onion and half of tomato, grind to a paste.
- Now add the marinated chicken, onion tomato paste, and start stirring in the gravy.
- Add the pepper powder and When the gravy becomes thick, you can add some water.
- Now add the cashew paste and allow to boil for 2 to 3 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Goes well with any kind of main dishes.