- Fish – 1/2 kg (I used Vangiram Fish)
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powdr – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Green chillies – 3 (cut lengthwise)
- Ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk – 1st extract – 1 cups
- Coconut milk – 2nd extract – 2 cups
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Lemon juice/vinegar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
Recipe Source : Ranji’s Kitchen Corner
- Wash the fish pieces with 1/2 tsp of salt (so that the fish smell goes off).
- Mix the fish pieces with the turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and pepper powder and marinate for 1 to 2 hr.
- In a Kadai, add oil and when it is hot, add mustard seeds.
- When they start spluttering, add the curry leaves, green chillies and ginger and saurte till the raw smell of ginger goes off.
- Now add the onion and saute till it becomes transculent.
- Add the tomato, salt and cook till becomes soft.
- Now add the 1st extract coconut milk and put the marinated fish into this and allow to boil untill the fish gets cooked.
- When the fish is fully cooked, add the 2nd extract coconut milk and switch off the gas.
- Now add the Lemon juice and just mix only once.
- Serve hot with rice.
This goes to my event Dish Name Starts with F