Today bought fish pieces and thought of doing something new. Searched the net and got the idea of fish munchurian. I followed the recipe, by Jasmine with very little changes and it came out well. Here is the recipe….
- Fish – 2 pieces
- Chilly powder – 1
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – 1/4 tsp ( as soya sauce contains salt, use less salt first)
- Maida/ all purpose flour – 1 tsp
- Corn flour – 2 tsp
- Rice flour – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger/garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder -1 tsp
- Milk – 4 tsp
- Salt – 2 pinch
- Chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp ( i used dark soya sauce)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (chopped finely)
- Garlic chopped – 2 (chopped finely)
- Green chilly chopped – 5 (cut lengthwise)
- Spring onion – 1 bunch
- Onion chopped – 1 (cut into cubical)
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Oil – as required for frying
- Marinate the fish pieces with the ingredients under marination.
- Keep aside for 30 mts.
- Make the batter with the ingredients under batter.
- In a kadai, pour oil and heat it.
- Dip the marinated fish pieces in the batter and fry in the oil.
- Filter out excess oil with a kitchen towel.
- In another pan, add little oil, when hot add the onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies, spring onions.
- When the onions becomes transparent, add the sauces and vinegar, sugar and mix well.
- Finally add the fish pieces and again mix it.
- Garnish with some spring onoins and serve hot.
[I have used whole fish pieces, but it can be cut into small pieces before marination itself and can proceed with the munchurian steps].
This goes to my event CID – 2010