I bought prawns today and thought of trying a new dish with it. While searching in NTUC (a super market in singapore) i bought knorr tom yam cubes. In its back side, they gave the recipe and tried it out. I simply love tom yam and with this prawns the dish came really very nice.
Here is the recipe…
- Frozen prawns – 1/2 kg
- Tom Yam cubes – 2
- Ikan Bilis cube -1 (if not available can be replaced with another tom yam cube)
- coconut milk – 200ml
- Water – 4 cups
- Lemon grass – 1 stalk (sliced)
- Red onions – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger – 2″ (chopped)
- Green Chillies – 6 (chopped)
- Spring onions – 1 (chopped)
- In a pan, add the water and bring to boil.
- Add the cubes, lemong rass, red onions, ginger.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped chillies, tomato, spring onions and prawns.
- Allow the prawns to cook.
- Add the coconut milk (i didnt have coconut milk and so i used 4 tsp of grated coconut).
- Bring to boil.
- When the prawns are cooked, switch off.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.