- Milk(Full Cream) – 1 litre
- Lemon juice/Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Muslin cloth – 1
- Bring milk to boil
- Add the lemon juice, and stir slowly.
- The milk gets curdling.
- Switch off the stove.
- In a strainer, cover with muslin cloth and pour the curdled milk.
- Immediately pour water and wash the curdled milk. This is to remove the sourness of the lemon juice.
- Just pour the water for 3 to 4 min and wash nicely.
- Now drain the water by squeezing the cloth and then place any heavy weight (I used big pressure cooker filled with water) on the cloth and keep it for 45 to 1 hr, or still the water drains off completely.
- Remove the weight and cloth and the paneer is ready.
- For crumbled paneer, just keep the weight for 30 min and remove and then start crumbling it with fork or spoon or even with hand.