When I announced the event Dish Name Starts with L, the first fruit which came to my mind was Longan only. Want to try something different in Longan’s and thats why this recipe has born.
|Courtesy: Google Images
- Longan fruits/Longon fruits in syrup – 10 to 20
- Agar Agar – 1 packet ( i used only half – to try for the first time )
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 3 cups
- Cut the agar agar into small and soak in water for 5 to 10 min.
- Start boiling the water and add the sugar and mix until it gets dissolved.
- Now add the soaked agar agar and the vanilla essence.
- Allow to boil until the agar agar is dissolved completely.
- Now in small cups or bowls, put the longans (seeds removed) and pour the sugar water mixed with agar agar.
- Keep in fridge, till it becomes jelly.
- Serve chill.
- When you use, Longan fruits in syrup, reduce the sugar quantity.
- My kids like colored ones, so i used kesari powder. Without adding colours also works fine.