The recipe calls for eggs to be added. But my mom would not eat eggs and mostly I try to avoid eggs in my recipes when it calls for egg. So here i used the egg replacer. It tasted great and took me to my childhood days in India.
- Warm Milk – 2.5 cups
- Egg replacer – 2 tsp ( if egg is used, add 2 eggs)
- Condensed Milk – 1 can
- Jaggery – 2 tsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pista – few (crushed)
- Water – 2 tsp
- Saffron strands – few
- Add the 2 tsp water to the egg replacer and beat until fluffy.
- Now add the condensed milk, warm milk and Jaggery and mix well until the jaggery melts.
- Add the pepper, cardamom, and pista mix
- Now keep in a pressure cooker and without whistle pressure cook it for 40 min in medium flame.
- Then remove from steam and cool it in fridge for atleast 1 hr.
- Serve it by garnishing with saffrons.
- Tasty Kadambu/Junnu is ready to eat….