- All purpose flour/maida – 2 cups
- Butter/Margarine – 4 tsp (room temperature)
- Salt – 3/4 to 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves (cut into small pieces) – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves (cut into small pieces) – 1 tsp
- Mint Leaves (cut into small pieces) – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 1 tsp (cut finely)
- Omam/Ajwain seeds – 2 tsp
- Baking soda – a pinch (optional)
- Milk – 3 to 4 tsp
- Mix the flour and ghee.
- Then add all the other ingredients except milk and mix well.
- Now add milk little by little till you get a smooth dough consistency.
- Now roll the dough as you do for a chappathi to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut the dough to desired shapes and arrange it in a baking tray.
- Place the dough to the preheated oven to 180 deg C.
- Bake it for 15 min and check whether the sides have becomes slight brown. If so, then remove from oven, cool down.
- The crispy khara/masala biscuits are ready and have it immediately or store in an air tight container.
This goes to my event: Dish Name starts with K
- I used salted butter and reduced the salt. You can use unsalted butter too and adjust salt according to taste)
- Quantity of milk can be adjusted so as to make a dough consistency.