Koozh mostly the Raagi Koozh (Kezhvaragu koozh) is famous in Tamil Nadu that too in Aadi Month. It is distributed in Mariamman Temples as Prasadham. It is so healthy and makes the body cool. In my childhood days, i used to drink this and i love the taste. After a very long time, i want to prepare this and after i prepared, i just went back to my childhood days again.
How to make Ragi Koozh
To make Koozh
- Raagi flour – 2.5 cups
- Rice – 1/2 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 Chopped
- Salt – as per taste
1. Take the ragi flour. (Around 250 gms). Add enough water to the ragi flour.
2. Mix well without any lumps and soak overnight (upto 8 hours atleast). (It should be in Batter form)
3. Cook the rice as usual in a open vessel or in cooker. When the rice is 3/4th cooked, switch off the gas.
4. In a big Vessel, first add 2 cup of hot water and allow to boil. To this add the rice and the ragi batter.
6. If the Koozh thickens, add some more hot water to it. Allow it to cook for 10 to 15 minutes or till the bubbles comes in the surface while boiling. Switch off the gas and allow to cool completely and the Koozh is ready. This can be preserved till 4 to 5 days when refrigerated.