- Rice – 2 cups
- Lemon juice – 1 (big – which yields 4 to 5 tsp)
- Salt – as per taste
- Mustard seeds – 2 pinch
- Urud dhal (Black gram dal) – 1/2 tsp
- Chana dhal (Bengal gram dal) – 1/2 tsp
- Peanuts – 1 tsp (optional)
- Red chillies (dry) – 2
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 2 tsp
- In a bowl, add salt and squeeze the lemon juice.
- In a vessel, add oil, and when hot, add mustard seeds, urud dhal, chana dhal, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry till the dhal becomes light brown colour, add in the lemon juice, give a stir and switch off the stove.
- Add this to the rice and mix well.
- Lemon rice is ready to serve.