- Raw mango – 1 (sour)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Rasam powder – 1 tsp
- Any dhall strain – 1 cup ( i used red gram dhall)
- Mil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Salt as per taste
- Curry leaves – 5 to 6
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Water as required
- In a kadai, add some water and cook the mango with turmeric powder and salt until mango becomes soft.
- Now add the rasam powder and boil for 3 minutes.
- In another pan, add oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and pour this to the boiling rasam.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
Note: If the mango is very sour, add bit jaggery to the rasam. It gives different taste.