Savory Diamond cuts or Diamond Biscuits or Maida Biscuits is a easy snack which can be prepared in a jiffy during the festival time or at any time. It would be a great treat for the kids and even adults and can munch it on during tea time too. Actually my mothers version is different, which i will post soon. This recipe I took from Raks with slight variation. So lets see how to make the yummy and crispy diamond cuts.
Spicy Diamond Cuts / Maida khara Biscuits
1. Grind the ginger, garlic and red chilli to a smooth paste by adding little amount if water.
2. Take 1 cup of all purpose flour/maida and add the ground paste, ajwain, salt, asafoetida and mix well by adding water little by little and form a smooth dough. Keep it aside for 20 to 30 min.
3. Make small equal sized balls with the dough. Take one ball and flatten it using chappathi roller as we do it for roti or chappathi’s. Make it into 2mm to 3mm thin if possible.
4. Now using a cookie cutter cut the rolled dough into diamond shapes and remove slowly from the chappathi maker and collect in a bowl or plate.
5. Now in a kadai heat oil and first out a pinch of dough to it don’t harbor immediately raises up. Now fry the cut pieces into oil in small batches. When they turn light brown on both the sides remove from oil and filter the excess oil in kitchen tissue.
6. Now store the cute diamond cuts in a air tight container.