Thalu is a offering/padayal for Lord Venkateshwara. The Purattasi month starts last week and it is a famous month for Lord Venkatesh and especially the Saturdays. So last Saturday, the first Saturday of the month of purattasi, we did pooja and in that Thalu is a Special one. Its lika a cocktail – a mixture of all fruits, rice, vadai, payasam, Poriyal, sambar, curd etc…. It tastes heavenly and I simply love it from my childhood days.
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Fruits – Apple, Banana, Orange, Grapes, Guava ( you can add as your wish) – Cut the fruits into small pieces.
- Payasam – ¼ cup
- Vadai’s – 4 (cut them into small pieces)
- Sambar- ½ cup
- Any poriyal – 4 tsp ( I used Okra fry – since we cooked that day)
- Curd – 1 cup
- Mix well all the ingredients in the Plate or Banana Leaf.
- Thalu is ready and Serve it.
[Note: While doing the padayal, we do not add salt or sugar specially for this, the salt and sugar from the ingredients added makes this thalu tastier. But if you want for your taste, you can add your own choice].