- Rice Sevai – 2 cups
- Carrots – 1/4 cup (small pieces)
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Corn – 1/4 cup
- Raw Mango – 1/4 piece (grated or cut into thin lengthy pieces) (optional)
- Green Chillies – 3 (chopped finely)
- Urud dhal – 2 tsp
- Bengal gram dhal – 2 tsp
- Mustard – a pinch
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 3 to 4 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few for garnishing
- Hot water – 3 cups
- In a large bowl, add little salt and rice sevai and pour the hotwater on it till it gets soaked well and cover with a lid and leave it for 4 to 5 mts.
- It becomes soft and filter the water from it and keep the rice sevai aside.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard, urud dhall, bengal gram dhall and fry for few minutes.
- Add curry leaves and green chillies to it.
- Now add the vegetables – carrot, peas and corn and fry them nicely.
- After the carrot becomes soft, add the grated mango pieces and just fry for an minute.
- Mix the rice sevai now with this and mix well and cook for few minutes adding salt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Adding mango is optional.
- Do not add the mango pieces along with other veggies, since it gets cooked easily and you cannot get the crunchy taste.
Sending this to Food palette series event