Ladies finger fry is always my favorite fry from my childhood till now. Now my children also loves it. I prepare the same method how my mom cooked. It just tastes awesome and sometimes, I used to eat only this fry without any rice. I like this vendakkai varuval when it becomes slightly black in colour rather than greenish colour.
You can view other ladies finger recipes below
Vendakkai puli kuzhambu
Crispy ladies finger fry
Vendakkai Varuval / Ladies Finger Fry
- Ladies finger – ½ kg
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ¾ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Sal as per taste
- Oil for frying around 1.5 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – a pinch
- Black gram – ½ tsp
1. Wash and Cut the ladies finger into small same sized pieces.
1. Always wash the ladies finger first, before cutting it.
2. Let the ladies finger gets cooked nicely, before adding the chilli, coriander, turmeric and salt. Otherwise it becomes sticky sticky and we will not get the desired texture.
3. Always prepare this in medium flame, as the veggie tend to become over fried.