Thick Vegetable soup is one of my favorite and comforting soup which I used to prepare when any of my family members gets cold. I also feel at least this way, my kids have vegetables in their food. I used to prepare clear vegetable soup and creamy version too, but I love this one more. This is Indian version of Vegetable Soup. I added fried bread pieces, which adds more flavor to the soup.
You can view some soup recipes
Roasted Bell Pepper Soup
Clear Vegetable Soup
Thick Chicken Soup
How to make Thick Vegetable SoupPreparation time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves:4
Recipe Category: Soups | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Vegetables - 1.5 cup ( I used, carrot, beans, corn, peas, green bell peppers, cabbage ).
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green chillies - 1
- Maggi Vegetable stock - 3 tsp
- Water - 1 litre + 3 tsp + 1/2 cup
- Corn flour - 1 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil - 1 tsp + 2 tsp
- Bread Pieces - few (optional)
1. Wash and Cut the vegetables into small pieces and keep aside.
2. In a kadai / vessel, add the oil and add the onion and green chillies and saute for a while.
3. Now add the vegetables. Saute for a while.
4. Add 1/2 cup water and let the vegetables cook for a while (3/4th cooked) and strain the water and keep the water.
5. Now grind the strained vegetables to a smooth/coarse paste and keep aside.
6. In another big vessel, add 1 litre water and add the vegetable stock and mix well.
7. When it is fully mixed, add the ground vegetable paste and the strained water.
You can add any vegetable of your choice.
My green chilli is very spicy so i added only one as it suits our family taste.
The store bought vegetable stock have salt by itself, so, while adding salt check it first and then add.