Semiya payasam or Vermicelli payasam or Vermicelli kheer is an easy, simple and delicious kheer. This is one of our family favorite payasam and also the first payasam, which i learnt to make it in early days. It can be made in a jiffy when any guests arrives at home and can never go wrong most of the times. I have posted some easy and yummy payasam recipes and you can have a look on it.
Some of the delicious payasam/kheer recipes are
How to make Semiya Payasam / Vermicelli Payasam / Vermicelli Kheer
2. Semiya (vermicelli) – 1 cup
1. In a small pan, fry the vermicelli in 1 tsp ghee, till it becomes, light brown and keep it aside.
2. In the same pan, 1 tsp ghee and again fry the cashews and raisins and keep aside.
3. In a vessel, add 1 cup milk + 1 cup water and allow to boil and add a pinch of salt to it.
4. Now add the fried vermicelli and when it is 3/4th cooked, add the sugar, cardamom pods.
5. Add the remaining milk and allow to boil.