Eggless Apple & Dates Muffins
Maida / All purpose flour - 1 1/4 cups
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Oil - 4 tbsp cup
Buttermilk - 1/4 cup
Butter - 2 tbsp (room temperature)
Honey/Maple syrup- 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Dates - 5 to 6 (chopped finely)
Walnuts (chopped) - 3 tsp (optional)
2. Beat the beat ingredients until they become creamy as shown below. But do not over beat it. Now mix the dry ingredients slowly to the wet mixture.
3. Mix them properly so that no lumps are formed. Add the apple, dates and nuts now and give a little stirring.
4. Pour 1 to 2 tbsp to each muffin cups and place in the oven for 45 min to 1 hr. Insert a tooth stick and check if it comes out clean.
1. I used green apple, you can also use red apples also.
2. Honey can be replaced with maple syrup.
3. Apple can be grated and added, instead of chopping into pieces.
4. Do not keep on opening the oven. Open by 40 min and check if it is cooked.
5. Any nuts can make wonders.