Butter Chicken Recipe
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Onion - 2 medium sized
Tomato - 2 medium sized
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Salt - as per taste
Cashews - 6 to 8
Kasoori methi - 1 tbsp crushed
Tomato Sauce - 2 tbsp
Red food colour - 2 to 3 drops
Cream / Malai - 1/2 can
Sugar - 1 tsp ( + or -)
4. In a vessel, add 1 tbsp butter.
5. Add the marinated chicken.
6. Allow the chicken to cook in butter. Do not add any water. Chicken leaves out water and let it cook in that water itself. Cook till all water completely goes off.
7. Remove the chicken and keep aside. In the same pan add the cumin seeds.
8. Add onions and sauté them.
11. Add the tomatoes
12. Add little water and let them cook nicely, till tomatoes becomes mushy.
13. Transfer the content to food processor.
14. Grind them to a fine paste.
15. In the same vessel, add the remaining butter.
16. After butter melts, add the ground paste.
17. Add some water. Let it boil.
18. Add 2 drops of red food color and tomato sauce. The gravy should be little watery and should look silky now. ( in step 20, we add cream and gravy will become thick ). So if not watery, add 1/2 cup water.
20. Add the cream now. Mix well.
21. Finally add the garam masala and sugar, cook for 3 min and switch off the stove.
22. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
1. Add salt carefully, as we add salt during marination itself.
2. You can avoid the garam masala, if children feels the chicken to be bit spicy.
3. Adding food colour is purely optional.
4. Adding sugar enhances the taste.