You can check the other biryani/pulao recipes here.
Bitter gourd pulao
Sour curd - 3 tbsp
Tamarind - 1 amla size
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Water - 1 cup
Biryani Rice - 1.5 cup
Water - 2 cups
Coconut milk / milk - 1 cup
Cloves - few
Cinnamon - 1 inch
Bay leaf - 1 crushed
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Annasi poo - 1
Big onion - 1 cut length wise
Biryani masala - 1 tsp
Green chilli - 1 (cut lengthwise)
Mint and coriander leaves - a handful
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Curd - 1 tbsp
5. After 30 min, remove them and wash nicely.
6. Squeeze out the water completely and keep it aside to dry and start preparing the biryani.
7. Add the oil and when hot add the spices one by one and fry for a min.
8. Add the onions. Sauté it. Add the ginger garlic paste. Sauté till raw smell goes off.
9. Add the chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves and green chilli.
10. Add the biryani masala.
12. Add little curd/yogurt.
13. Sauté the bitter gourds.
14. Add the water and milk or coconut milk. Allow to boil.
18. Open the lid, when the pressure reduces and add the ghee.
19. Mix well without breaking the rice.
20. Serve the Bitter Gourd Biryani.
2. You can even add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and tomato to make it as pure Biryani.
3. The bitter gourds will have slight bitterness.
4. You can skip the milk/coconut milk and add only the water.
5. You can even add half tbsp of lemon juice while sauting the bitter gourds, which is again done to reduce the bitterness. But i did not do that.