Preparation time: 15 min | Cook Time: 10min | Serves:3
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Semiya/vermicelli – 2 cups
- Water – 4 cups
- Mixed Veggies – 1 cup ( carrot, beans, cauliflower, peas, potato)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 2 pinch
- Black gram – 1/2 tsp
- Bengal gram – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 2 or 3
- Onion – 1
- Garlic – 3 pods (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – few
- Cashews – few ( optional )
- Ghee – 1 tsp ( optional )
9. Now add the water and let the veggies get cooked. (3/4th cooked)
12. Check whether the upma is ready by taking little vermicelli and slightly smash by fingers and if they broken, it means it is cooked. Switch off the flame.
- You can add any veggies of your choice.
- If you like you can roast few cashews in ghee and add it to make it rich.
- Adding ghee is optional, but it tastes great when added.