Kothu Poori is the name sounds different ??? Last week, we had some guests and did Poori as breakfast for them and we got more poori’s left over. I do not want to waste it or have it again for the dinner. I have made some Idli Manchurian and idli upma from left over idli. But never tried anything with leftover Poori. After the guidance from my Facebook friends, got this idea of preparing – “Vegetable Kothu Poori” similar to kothu parota. The next morning I prepared this Vegetable kothu poori with just Onion Raita as the side dish and It was a super hit with my family members and it got over within minutes. Hereafter going to prepare more poori’s to try this kothu poori / minced poori.
Check here how to make Poori.
How to make vegetable kothu poori / minced poori recipe
- Leftover Pooris – 10
- Mixed vegetables – 1 cup (carrot, beans, corn, peas)
- Onion – 1 big (cut in squares)
- Tomato – 1 big
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 cup (more or less)
- Lemon juice from 1/4 piece of lemon
3. Add the onion and saute for a while.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste. Sauté till the raw smell of the garlic goes off.
10. If the poori’s are bit hard, sprinkle litte water and give a stir.
11. Add little lemon juice and another stir. this step is optional.