This Jack fruit payasam or Jack fruit kheer is a new dish for me, which I got from here. It was really quick, easy and tastes wonderful. I just loved the taste. I just used the same recipe, with little change of adding fried cashews, jack fruit and raisins, as I loved the crunchiness of the jack fruit and the cashews. Here we go for the recipe – Jack fruit payasam.
- Jackfruits (ripe) – 6
- Milk – 2 cups
- Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup
- Grated Coconut – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/4 cup (Increased or decreased as needed)
- Cardamom – 2 to 3 (crushed)
- Cashews – 10 to 15
- Saffron – a pinch
- Soak cashews for 10 min in warm milk.
- Cut the jackfruit and cook in little water.
- Take one jackfruit and cut into small pieces which is used later.
- Now grind the remaining jackfruit in little milk and make into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Now in the same mixie, add the soaked cashews and grated coconut and little milk and grind to smooth paste.
- Now in a heavy pan, add cashew coconut paste, jackfruit paste, sugar, coconut milk and remaining milk and allow to boil.
- Meanwhile, fry the 1 tsp cashews and raisins in ghee and transfer to the boiling payasam.
- Add the cut jackfruit and give a stir. (this step is optional)
- Add the crushed cardamom and saffron, garnish and serve hot or cold.
This goes to the following events
Dish Name Starts with J
Flavors of South India by simply.food