- Ripe Mango – 2
- Sugar – 3/4th cup (if mango is more sweet, reduce the sugar by 1/2 cup)
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Nuts – Cashews – 10 n Pistachios – 15
- Make mango puree by grinding in mixie.
- In a flat bottomed pan or kadai, add puree and sugar and star mixing.
- When it is reduced to half its quantity, add 2 tsp ghee.
- In another small pan, add 1 tsp ghee and the nuts and fry for few minutes or until it becomes golden colour.
- Add the fried nuts to the manga halwa.
- Keep on stirring until the ghee, separates out from the mixture and it becomes to the thick texture as shown below.
- Pour the halwa to the greased plate and leave it for 2 to 3 hour or until it cools down completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.
This goes to the following events