I want to prepare this mango rice for a long time and now only got the time. My mom used to prepare this when she gets a chance. She add turmeric to the rice and it becomes light yellowish rice. But here, I have not added, since i wanted it to be with the natural colour itself.
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Raw Mango – 1
- Onion – 1
- Mustard seeds – 2 pinch
- Urud dal/black gram – 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal/Bengal gram – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 2 (chopped finely)
- Curry leaves – few (10 to 15)
- Cashew nuts – 10 to 12
- Ghee – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Grate the raw mango.
- Cut onion lengthwise.
- In a kadai/wok, add oil and when hot add mustard seeds, urud dal, chana dal and fry till light brown colour.
- Add the curry leaves and onion and green chillies.
- Fry till onion becomes translucent.
- Now add the grated mango and fry for another 2 min.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- In another small pan, add ghee and cashews and fry till it becomes slight brown colour.
- Now transfer the fried cashews with ghee to the mango rice and mix well and serve.