Soya balls gravy or the meal maker gravy is a tempting and delicious side dish for the roti or chappathi. Soya balls or meal maker is rich in protein and good for health too. Those who do not eat non veg, go for this soya balls. Will update with step wise pictures soon.
How to make Soya balls gravy/Meal maker gravy
- Soya Balls – 2 cups
- Tomato – 2
- Onion – 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 2
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Star anise -2 to 3
- Cinnamom stick – 1 (crushed)
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – few
- Red Chilli powder – .5 to 1 tsp (adjust for your spiciness)
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/6 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 3 to 4 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash the soya balls and soak in water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water fully and keep aside.
- Now grind the tomato and onion to a paste in a mixie or food processor and make it to a coarse paste.
- In a pan, add oil and above mentioned spices and fry for a minute.
- Add the green chillies.
- Now add in the grinded paste, ginger garlic paste and saute well, till the raw smell of onion and ginger garlic goes off.
- After that add in all the powders except garam masala.
- Now add the soya balls, salt and garam masala and allow to cook.
- If gravy becomes very thick, add little amount of water.
- When the oil starts floating on the top, switch off the stove and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with any chappathi or roti or nan.