Crispy Prawns Recipe using bread crumps, herbs and cheese
How to make Crispy prawns
- Prawns - 500 gms (forzen also works well)
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- White pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Basil leaves - 1 tsp
- Parmesan cheese - 1 tsp + 2 tsp (to mix with bread crumps)
- Rice flour - 1.5 tsp
- Bread crumps - 1 cup (or as needed) ( I used store bought bread crumps)
- All purpose flour / maida - 2 tsp
- Corn flour - 1 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil - for frying
2. Now add the chilli powder, white pepper powder, oregano, basil leaves, and required salt in a bowl and keep it ready.
- Cleaning the prawns in salt removes the bad smell.
- Instead of All purpose flour and corn mixture, you can use egg. This Creates a very good binding. I didn't use it as my mom won't eat eggs.
- If you do not like oregano and basil, you can skip it, but I recommend as it gives nice flavor.
- You can try adding our own Indian spices like garam masala, tikka masala for more flavor and spiciness. I am also planning to do when I try the same next time.
- Instead of Paremesan cheese, you can add regular cheese too or a combination of both.