How to make Kollu Sundal / Horse Gram Sundal Recipe:
In my previous post we saw how to make Horse gram Rasam and also discussed about the health benefits of the Horse gram. With those leftover cooked Horsegram now we will see how to make yet another healthy and easy Horse gram sundal. You can also check how to prepare Kollu thuvayal here.
Soaking time: 8hrs/5 hrs in hot water | Preparation time: 05 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Serves:4
Recipe Category: Snacks | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Horsegram – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – a pinch
- Black gram / urud dal – 1/4 tsp
- Dried red chillies – 2
- Grated Coconut – 1 tsp ( optional )
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – as per taste
- Asafoetida – a pinch
1. Horsegram / kollu is bit a hard gram. So we need to soak it overnight for good resuts. If cannot, soak in hotwater for 4 hrs, changing hot water on every hour.
2. Discard the drained water and add fresh water and pressure cook it for 4 whistles. If you can able to smash it, by pressing it hard, then it is cooked perfectly.
3. Now drain this water and keep the drained horsegram separately and water separately. Use this water for Horsegram rasam and the horsegram we are going to do horsegram sundal now.