Recipes in Alphabetical Order
- Starting with A
- Starting with B
- Starting with C
- Starting with D
- Starting with E
- Starting with F
- Starting with G
- Starting with H
- Starting with I
- Starting with J
- Starting with K
- Starting with L
- Starting with M
- Starting with N
- Starting with O
- Starting with P
- Starting with Q
- Starting with R
- Starting with S
- Starting with T
- Starting with U
- Starting with V
- Starting with W
- Starting with X
- Starting with Y
- Starting with Z
Want to know about me
Friday, June 12, 2015
Ragi idiyappam or Kezhvaragu Idiyappam or Finger millet String hoppers has become my family favorite now a days. My kids started loving it, when I explained the goodness of Ragi and I am surprised to see they didn't deny or complain about it. Do try out this healthy Ragi idiyappam recipe and comment.
You can check other Ragi Recipes below
Preparation time: 15 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Serves: 4
Recipe Category: Snacks | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Ragi Flour - 2 cups
Rice flour - 1/2 cup ( idiyappam flour )
Boiling water - 4 to 5 cups ( + or - )
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Sugar - as per taste and for garnishing
Grated coconut - for garnishing
1. Take the correct amount of flours. Dry roast the Ragi flour for 5 to 6 min.
2. Add the rice flour, mix with Ragi flour and again roast for just 3 min. Switch off the stove. Allow to cool down. Add the salt and mix it.
3. Add the boiling water little by little and keep on mixing the flours, until they become soft and pliable. Add the oil and mix.
4. Take a handful portion of flour and fill the idiyappam mould or Sev press. ( I tried with idiyappam mould, but could not press it, so used the murukku sev press ).
5. Press the mould on the idiyappam plates or idli plates. Steam cook them for 8 to 10 min.
6. Once cooked, serve hot by sprinkling sugar and grated coconut.
Tasty and Healthy Ragi Idiyappam is ready.
1. Since the Ragi flour is bit coarse, I used the murukku sev press.
2. Addition of grated coconut is purely optional.
Subscribe Now: Feed Icon
Page Protected By
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Indian style Salmon Fish Fry | Salmon Fish Fry | E...
- Drumstick Rasam | Murungai Rasam | Murungaikai Ras...
- Eggless Tutti Fruitti Cake | How to make Tutti Fru...
- Channa Pulao | How to make Channa Pulao step by st...
- Vegetable Egg Burji | Vegetable Scrambled Egg | Eg...
- Ragi idiyappam | Kezhvaragu Idiyappam | Finger Mil...
- Spicy soya chunks fry | Meal maker fry | Soya chun...
- Paneer Payasam | How to make Paneer Kheer | Paneer...
- Babycorn Jalfrezi | Baby corn Recipes | Side dish ...
- ▼ June (9)
- ► 2014 (58)
- ► 2013 (90)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (70)