Mushroom Matar Curry
White Button Mushrooms - 10 (cut in to small pieces)
Green peas - 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasoori methi) - 1 tsp (crushed)
Heavy cream - 1/4 cup (or milk - 3/4 cup)
Water - 1 cup
Salt - as per taste.
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cloves - 3
Cinnamon stick - 1 crushed
3. When the fennel seeds splutters, add the onion tomato paste. Saute it till the raw smell goes off. Now add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and the crushed fenugreek leaves.
4. Then add the frozen peas and the mushrooms. Add water. Cover and cook for a while.
- If you want you can saute the mushroom and add it at the final stage before adding the cream or milk.
- I used frozen peas. If you are using fresh peas steam cook and use. Else will take more time to get cooked.
- I was in a hurry preparing this curry. So I didn't grind the tomato paste to a smooth consistency. Mine was a bit coarse and hence the coarse consistency of curry. So grind to a smooth paste.
- I didn't have cream and I added milk. You can add cashew nut paste also to give a more rich taste. Adjust the cream according to your spiciness of the curry.
- Try to use the fresh mushrooms. If you do not like the black part of the mushroom, you can remove it and use.
- You can also make this curry as No onion No garlic curry by avoiding the garlic and onion.