Mushroom Matar Curry
White Button Mushrooms – 10 (cut in to small pieces)
Green peas – 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasoori methi) – 1 tsp (crushed)
Heavy cream – 1/4 cup (or milk – 3/4 cup)
Water – 1 cup
Salt – as per taste.
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cloves – 3
Cinnamon stick – 1 crushed
4. Then add the frozen peas and the mushrooms. Add water. Cover and cook for a while.
- If you want you can saute the mushroom and add it at the final stage before adding the cream or milk.
- I used frozen peas. If you are using fresh peas steam cook and use. Else will take more time to get cooked.
- I was in a hurry preparing this curry. So I didn’t grind the tomato paste to a smooth consistency. Mine was a bit coarse and hence the coarse consistency of curry. So grind to a smooth paste.
- I didn’t have cream and I added milk. You can add cashew nut paste also to give a more rich taste. Adjust the cream according to your spiciness of the curry.
- Try to use the fresh mushrooms. If you do not like the black part of the mushroom, you can remove it and use.
- You can also make this curry as No onion No garlic curry by avoiding the garlic and onion.