Baby corn golden fry is one of my favorite evening snack. It can be either deep fried or shallow fried. It purely depends on our choice only. I already have baby corn 65 recipe which is also a deep fried one, as I like deep fried instead of shallow frying. One of my friend mentioned, we can do this in microwave also. Need to try that too. But now lets see the Baby corn golden fry.
Baby corn golden fry
Total Time: 25 min | Serves: 3
Baby corn – 2 packets (12)
Rice flour – 2 tbsp
Corn flour – 1.5 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1.5 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Curd / yogurt – 2 tbsp
Water – as needed
Salt – as per taste
Oil – for frying
Chat masala – 2 pinch for taste
1. Wash and remove the stem of baby corn. Cut into round shape. Soak in boiling hot water for 8 to 10 min. (See notes)
2. Pat it dry. Mix the Rice flour, Corn flour, All purpose flour, garam masala, chilli powder, salt and curd to the baby corn and mix well.
3. Mostly the adding of curd would be enough to make it a batter consistency. If not, sprinkle little amount of water and allow the marination to rest for 30 min.
4. In a vessel, add oil and when it hot enough, add the baby corn in small batches and rotate them slightly so that, they get fried evenly in all the sides. When you get the golden colour or the issshhh sound of the baby corn, ceases, remove from oil and filter the excess oil in kitchen towel.
5. Sprinkle some chat masala and Serve it hot with the ketchup.
1. If the baby corn is small, you can avoid soaking in hot water and just add them directly to batter and fry it. If the baby corn are bigger than regular size, then I may suggest you to pressure cook for 1 whistle and then prepare as mentioned.
2. My friend suggested to add a pinch of cooking soda, for even more crispier fries. But I avoided as I prepared this for my kids.
3. You can also add a pinch / drop of red food color, for the vibrant red color.
Tags:Baby corn golden fry, Baby corn fry, Baby corn preparation, easy Baby corn fry, Baby corn fritters, Baby corn Recipes, Baby corn golden fry step by step, How to make Baby corn golden fry, How to make golden baby corn fry, How to make South Indian Baby corn golden fry, snack Recipes, Indian Snacks, crispy snacks, tea time snacks, easy evening snack, kids snacks