Though I have heard this Garlic Butter Prawns or Butter Garlic Prawns, I have not tried this recipe, until I saw this recipe here. It looks so damn easy and I immediately went out to try. I finished cooking within 15 min and I loved the taste. I gave to my daughter and she liked the taste but my son said he needs more spicy and asked me to modify the the dish to prawn roast or prawn thokku with lots of Indian masalas. If he starts liking one taste, he always wants the same. But anyhow I loved the taste and finished this Butter garlic prawns as the side dish for plain rice.
Garlic Butter Prawns Recipe
Total Time: 20 min | Serves: 4
Lemon juice / vinegar – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – few
2. In a hot pan, add the butter, garlic and coriander. ( If you want you can add other herbs like basil, oregano etc. ). Sauté for a min.
3. Add the prawns now and add salt.
4. Add the fresh ground pepper and sauté them nicely. The prawns tend to leave water. Now add the lemon juice and mix.
5. Allow the prawns to cook with its water itself. If they are. It cooked, sprinkle some water. Cook till all the water evoporates.
1. You can add any herbs like basil leaves, oregano etc along with cilantro.
2. White pepper powder can be added instead of the black pepper powder.