Easy Kovakkai Fry / Ivy gourd Fry
Total Time: 20 min | Serves: 4
- Ivy gourd/Kovakkai – 200gms
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Water – just for sprinkling
1. Cut the kovakkai into small pieces either lengthwise or cross section wise.
2. In a kadai, add oil and put the kovakkai pieces and allow to cook by sprinkling little water. (do not add more water)
3. When it becomes dry, again sprinkle little water, till it gets cooked.
4. Now add the above mentioned powders and fry it for another 5 min.
5. It is simple yet tasty and goes well with any kind of rice.