Brinjal Raita/Kathirikkai Thayir Pachadi Recipe:
This Brinjal recipe, is very simple, easy and yummy recipe. Actually I am not a big fan of brinjal. I dont know why. From my childhood days I dont have a soft corner for this vegetable, though my mom used to prepare this as kathirikkai sambar or kathirikkai kuzhambu. I just eat 2 or 3 pieces and ask my mother, just to add sambar without this veggie. But me as a mother now, need to cook all sort of vegetables for the sake of the family. I got bored of doing the same recipe like sambar or kuzhambu. Long before I did Brinjal Manchurian and Brinjal Fry and both are a hit in our family. My neighbour aunty told me to try this recipe and it is really good that I tried. So lets see now how to prepare it.
How to make Katharikkai Pachadi/ Brinjal Raita – step by step
- Brinjal / Eggplant / Kathirikkai – 5 to 6
- Curd/Yogurt/thayir – 1/2 cup
- Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Green chillies – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – for frying brinjal ( 2-3tsp is enough )
- Mustard seeds – a pinch
- Urud dal – 1/4 tsp
- Dry red chillies – 2
- Curry leaves – 4 to 5
1. Wash the brinjal and cut in to thin slices and soak in water so that it does not change its colour.
2. In a pan, add 2 to 3 tsp oil and start frying the brinjal pieces, until they get cooked and turns light brown in colour. If you like, you can add little salt at this time.
3. Grind the coconut, green chilli and cumin seeds to a coarse paste adding little water. To this add the curd and salt and mix well. Keep it aside.
4. Now add in the fried the brinjal to the made mixture and mix it well.
5. Now in a pad, add little oil and add the mustard seeds, urud dal, red chilli and curry leaves and fry for a while. Mix this seasoning in the curd mixture.
You can also have a look at the following
Technorati Tags: Kathirikkai Thayir pachadi , Brinjal raita , Eggplant raita, Eggplant recipes, brinjal recipes, How to make kathirikkai thayir pachadi, Kathirikkai recipes, How to make brinjal raita, How to make Eggplant raita, Easy thayir pachadi,