Sundakkai vatha kuzhambu
Paruppu urundai kuzhambu
Vendakkai puli kuzhambu
Pudalangai Poricha Kuzhambu
Thuvar dal / Toor dal – 1/2 cup
Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Pepper corns – 1/2 tsp
Dry chillies – 4
Urud dal – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 2 pinch
Turmeric – 3 to 4 pinch
Oil – 2 tsp
Water – 4 to 5 cup
Salt – as per taste
2. Cut the snake gourd into cubes and cook with pinch of turmeric and salt.
3. Meanwhile, in the kadai, add the oil and when hot, add the cumin seeds, urud dal, pepper and red chilli. When they become light brown, add the grated coconut and fry for a min or two.
4. Now transfer the content to the food processor adding little water and grind to a smooth paste.
5. In another big pan, add the cooked snake gourd and mix this coconut mixture.
6. Allow to cook it. In another small pan, add the oil/ghee and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and fry it.
7. Add this thalippu or tadka to the gravy. Allow to cook for another 2 min and switch off the stove.