Drumstick leaves Masal Vadai
2. Soak the Bengal gram for 2 hrs at least. After 2 hrs, take 3 tbsp of soaked Bengal gram and keep separately. Filter the water.
3. Grind the soaked Bengal gram along with cinnamon stick, fennel seeds, cloves to a coarse paste adding water little by little.
4. Add the onion, curry leaves, salt, green chilli, red chilli, asafoetida and finally the drumstick leaves. Add the soaked Bengal gram wich we kept separately.
5. Mix them nicely. Take a small portion and flat it as shown to make the vadai.
6. Heat the oil in a pan or kadai in medium flame. Drop the vadai slowly into the oil. Slightly rotate the vadai for even cooking. When the vadai turns light brown colour in all the sides, remove from oil. Filter the oil in a kitchen towel and serve hot.
7. Yummy n crunchy Drumstickleaves vadai is ready.
1. If you have added more water to your mixture, that you cant get the perfect shape, add 1 or 2 tbsp of rice flour.
2. Do not keep the vadai mixture for a long time, as it becomes sour and sucks more oil, when frying.
3. If you are a beginner, fry one vadai first and check for the taste. Then fry the vadai in batches.