Gulkand – the name is new to me until last year. Saw some of my blogger friends posting recipes, using this ingredient. So did some search in the net and bought the bottle from mustafa centre. Since I am trying this for the first time, thought of preparing an easy recipe using this, and hence tried this – Gulkand Milkshake. It was really great and I just love it. It is a jam like thing, which is made up of preserving the rose petals in sugar. It has lot of benefits like, reducing the heat from the body, strengthening the teeths and gums etc. (Source Wiki).
How to make Gulkand Milkshake / Rose Petals Milkshake
Step by step instructions for Gulkand Milkshake
1. Mix the Chilled milk and Gulkand.
2. Add in the sugar, rose essence and pink colour.
3. Blend all in a mixer until smooth expect the rose petals.
- You can avoid the colour when preparing this for kids.
- Add sugar according to your taste.
Printable recipe for Gulkand Milkshake
- Gulkand - 3 tsp
- Chilled Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - as required
- Vanilla Icecream - 1 scoop optional - I did not use
- Rose essence - 1/4 tsp
- Rose/pink colour - 1/4 tsp optional - I added to give mild colour
- Rose petals - for garnishing optional
Mix the Chilled milk and Gulkand.
Add in the sugar, rose essence and pink colour.
Blend all in a mixer until smooth expect the rose petals.
Garnish with rose petals and serve.