It's time for celebration again.Wondering what??.. It's my blog anniversary. Yes entering into 5th year of blogging.So I prepared this Badam Halwa or Almond Halwa to celebrate it. Actually I thought of preparing Badam Burfi, but my mom suggested to prepare this Badam Halwa. It was so easy and the taste is amazing. I just followed blindly what my mom instructed and the outcome was awesome. Try and let me know how was the outcome of Badam Halwa.
If you wish you can view the following badam / Almond recipes
Preparation time: 45 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Serves: 6
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Almonds / Badam - 1.5 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 6 to 7 tbsp
Saffron - 1 pinch
Milk - 1/2 cup ( + or - )
Cardamom - 1/5 tsp crushed
Water - as needed
1. Soak the almonds in medium hot water for 1 hour.
2. Soak the saffron in 1/4 cup hot milk. Remove the almond skin.
3. Transfer the almonds to the food processor with 4 tbsp milk first. Grind for few min. Now add the saffron soaked milk and again grind to a smooth paste by stopping at regular intervals and adding either a tsp of water or milk.
4. When it is smooth, keep it aside. In a pan add sugar.
5. Add water till the sugar gets soaked. Do not add more water. When the sugar starts dissolves, add the badam paste.
6. Start stirring, as it might stick to the vessel. Add ghee at regular intervals. Add crushed cardamom.
7. Keep stirring till the ghee oozes out from the halwa and that Halwa got thickened.
8. Pour it in a greased plate and allow to cool down completely.
9. Garnish with saffron and serve the tasty Badam Halwa.
Easy and tasty Badam Halwa / Almond Halwa is ready
1. If your halwa, is sticky add it again to the pan and add some more ghee.
2. If you are health concerned, you can reduce the ghee, but cannot assure whether you can get the same taste.
2. Adding milk/condensed milk enriches the taste, but reduces shelf life of the halwa.
Thanks for visiting my blog. The quantities i mentioned in the posts are for my family. So you can change the quantities mentioned according to your family taste. Your comments are welcome. Come back to visit again.